wtorek, 13 kwietnia 2010

Dzień Siódmy



Sir Thomas Wyatt

DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTRARIOUS PASSIONS IN A LOVER

I FIND no peace, and all my war is done
I fear and hope, I burn, and freeze like ice
I fly aloft, yet can I not arise
And nought I have, and all the world I seize on,
That locks nor loseth, holdeth me in prison,
And holds me not, yet can I scape no wise
Nor lets me live, nor die, at my devise,
And yet of death it giveth me occasion.
Without eye I see ; without tongue I plain
I wish to perish, yet I ask for health
I love another, and thus I hate myself
I feed me in sorrow, and laugh in all my pain.
Lo, thus displeaseth me both death and life,
And my delight is causer of this strife.


---
Wiersz, którego za czasów liceum nauczyłam się na pamięć wyłącznie dlatego, że bardzo mi się podobał. Wyatt jest do dzisiaj moim ulubionym angielskim poetą.
Wiosenny niepokój hormonów, że mnie tak na poezję miłosną wzięło?

Koń z rzędem dla tego, który jest w stanie dostarczyć tłumaczenia, bo ja zawiodłam.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz